Say Hello/Bonjour to Canada!
Oh Canada, our home and native land!
Seriously though…Canada is our home and native land. Katie was born in Vancouver, and spent most of her life in the city. Geoff was born in Ontario, grew up in Calgary, and has also lived in Vancouver.
Canada is a massive and diverse country, and we’re just getting started telling stories about our homeland. Right now, most of the content is about the west, but we’ll be building more over the next year, and hopefully will get to travel and explore more of our home country while we’re at it!
Posts About Canada
- Canadian Rockies Itinerary — A two-week trip plan you can use to plan your travels through British Columbia and Alberta, Canada’s two most western provinces. We’ve outlined our personal favorite spots, and broken down costs and options for doing this trip on your own, or with a tour.
- Where to Stay in Vancouver — Katie outlines the different neighborhoods that make up her home city, and gives the pros and cons of each, to help you decide the best neighborhood to base yourself in!
- Where to Stay in Calgary — In this post, Geoff outlines the different spots to stay and explore in his hometown of Calgary! Includes recommendations about where to stay for the Calgary Stampede, and where to stay in Calgary if you’re in town as part of a ski holiday.
- Where to Stay in Montreal — We hired a Quebec expert and travel blogger to give us the low-down on Montreal, Canada’s most European city and a intriguing mix of French and English Canada.
- Where to Stay in Quebec City — Our Quebec expert did such a good job outlining the best areas to stay in Montreal, we hired her again to outline the coolest and most convenient areas to stay in Quebec City!
- Where to Stay in Toronto – A Toronto native shares his favorite parts of the city, and tips on where to eat and drink in each of them!
- An old post about some different drinks you might want to try while visiting Canada, including the all mighty Caesar! Canadian Drinks worth Trying.
Where to Stay in Toronto Canada: Advice from a travel blogger and Torontonian about the best places to stay in downtown Toronto! Includes recommendations for the best hotels in Toronto. We created this guide in collaboration with Brock Groombridge, and the blogger behind Backpack With Brock. We’re so happy he agreed to share his insider
Where to Stay in Quebec City: Advice from a travel-writer and Québec expert about the best neighborhoods to stay in Québec City, Canada! Includes 16 hotel and holiday apartment suggestions in Québec’s best areas. We created this guide in collaboration with Pamela MacNaughtan, the creator and editor-in-chief behind Urban Guide Quebec, a hyperlocal guide website focused on
Taking a Toronto Sports Trip in the Summer: Tips and Ideas for a Sports Trip to Toronto. Includes 7 Things to Do on a Toronto Sports Trip. There is something about being at a ballpark that makes the memories come flooding back to me. The crack of the bat, the snap of the glove,
Canadian Rockies Itinerary: A Canadian Travel Blogger Outlines a Perfect 14-Day Canadian Rockies Itinerary and Vancouver to Calgary Road Trip. Free Trip Planning Ideas for a Canadian Rockies Holiday. Planning the perfect travel itinerary is actually one of my favorite parts of travel. I used to LOVE buying guidebooks, spending hours at the bookstore choosing
Where to Stay in Calgary: Advice from a Calgarian and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Calgary, Canada! Disclosure: This Where to Stay in Calgary Guide contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you use the links on this site to book a hotel, buy your travel insurance, etc.. You don’t
Where to Stay in Montreal: Advice from a travel-writer and Quebec expert about the best neighborhoods to stay in Montreal, Canada! Disclosure: This Where to Stay in Montreal Guide contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you use the links on this site to book a hotel, buy your travel insurance, etc.. You don’t
Where to Stay in Vancouver: Advice from a local about the best area to stay in Vancouver! Includes guides to Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods and Vancouver neighborhood maps. Start your search for the best place to stay in Vancouver here! Disclosure: This Where to Stay in Vancouver Guide contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a
This Is My Canada was started by Pamela over at Savoir Faire Abroad as a way to tell the world about some of the awesomeness that is Canada. It’s a blogger relay, kind of like the Liebster awards, and Nat and Tim over at A Cook Not Mad tagged us in this roller coaster of fun.