As with so much in life, we never knew how much we enjoyed cruising until we tried it!
While we’ve yet to set sail to sea, we took our first river cruise in June 2017, and immediately understood what all the fuss is about – we loved it! We hope to try more cruising in the future, but for now, we hope you enjoy the stories we’ve collected so far!
Posts About Cruising on Wandertooth.com
- Highlights from our Passage to Eastern Europe — A day-by-day round-up of our Passage to Eastern Europe river cruise from Budapest to Bucharest, with Viking.
- Discovering Budapest’s Jewish Heritage — The first shore excursion of our river cruise took us to the second-largest synagogue in the world, Budapest’s Great Synagogue on Dohany Street. With an excellent guide to show us the way, we discovered the long (and often sad) history of Budapest’s Jewish community.
- Hungarian Cowboys? Sailing south from Budapest, our fist stop was the Bakod Puszta Horse Farm, where traditional Hungarian cowboy skills are on display.
- Where Wine and War Collide — On a shore excursion in northeastern Croatia, we visited the award-winning Iločki Podrumi winery, and learned that no matter where you go in this region of Croatia, stories from the 1990s war will find you. This was both a fascinating and delicious stop on our cruise.
- A Cruise That Confronts the Past? Discovering the Balkans By River Cruise — Venturing beyond the mainstream tourist spots of the region, we walked in the footsteps of a war we can all remember — one that we watched on TV, over dinner, in real time, and that our governments played a role in. Why a river cruise is a great way to learn more about the Croatia-Serbia war, and meet the next generation in each country.
- More posts coming soon – check back!
Videos About Cruise Travel
Our Guest Posts About Cruising on Other Websites
- River Cruising in Your 30s is Unexpectedly Awesome — What it’s like to take a river cruise…when you’re younger than the typical demographic (Posted On: Why Wait to See the World).
- An Eastern Europe Cruise That Takes You Beyond the Stereotypes — Eastern Europe is so much more than the stereotypes of the past. See why a river cruise is the perfect way to shake those stereotypes of Tito, Trabants, hammers and sickles! (Posted On: Short Holidays and Getaways).