Say Szia to Hungary!
We first visited Hungary back in 2012, and fell instantly in love with its capital on the Danube, Budapest.We’ve since been back 3 times, and now we live here – that’s how much we like it! Budapest — vibrant, beautiful, and so very cool, once you know where to look — deserves weeks and seasons of your time, with the city bursting to life in the summers, and Budapester’s living their lives outdoors. Outside the capital, Hungarian cities see few international tourists, but still have much to offer. We hope to tell more of these stories as we use Budapest as a base.
Get Our FREE Budapest Itinerary PDF
- Where to Stay in Budapest — Starting with the first question to confront most visitors — should I stay in Buda, or Pest — and continuing to explain the best neighborhoods in Budapest for each type of traveller, we’ll help you find the best area to stay in Budapest, no matter your budget or travel style. Also check out our review of Pest-Buda Hotel.
- Budapest Itinerary — Check out our recommendations on what to do in Budapest if you have 2 or 3 days to spend. We’ve outlined it all in this 48- or 72-Hour Budapest Itinerary
- A Local’s Guide to the Budapest Castle District: Where to Stay, Eat and Explore in Budapest I – One of Budapest’s most popular areas to visit, we’ve broken down the best places to visit, eat and stay in the Budapest Castle District.
- A Guide to Visiting the Hungarian Parliament Building — If you’re not content with gawking at the beautiful Budapest parliament building from the outside, why not take a tour of the interior, and see the Hungarian Holy Crown? This guide will tell you how.
- Practical Guide to Visiting Budapest — Helpful Budapest travel tips to know before you go!
- Where to Stay for a Budapest Christmas Market Break — We’ve outlined Budapest’s best Christmas markets you’ll want to check out, along with top-rated hotels located within a short walk.
- Travel Tips from a Local — We chatted with Budapest native and travel blogger Barbara Wagner about her favorite things to do in the city!
- When our Hungarian residency permits were approved, I wrote down a list of Hungary travel goals for 2017. See which places I hope to visit in Hungary, as well as some travel experiences in Budapest and beyond.
- Exploring Budapest Through its Food — Katie joined Urban Adventures on a food tour around central Budapest, and discovered its a city that’s changing almost daily from a young, entrepreneurial generation that is full of energy and opportunity.
- People, Power, & Propaganda: A Review of Context Travel’s Communism Tour — We struck out with one of our favorite tour providers to learn about how power, politics and propaganda interact in Hungarian society…from the communist days to today.
- Exploring Hungarian Cowboy Culture in Kalocsa — We visited a Hungarian Cowboy ranch as part of our Viking River Cruises Passage to Eastern Europe Itinerary.
Posts About Hungary
Budapest Tips: A Practical Guide to Budapest for First Time Visitors! ‘Good to Know Before You Go’ Budapest Travel Tips. Budapest Safety Advice, Budapest Taxi
How to Visit the Hungarian Parliament Building: A Guide to Visiting the Parliament Building in Budapest, Including How to Buy Tickets, Restrictions on Tours, and
A Local’s Guide to the Budapest Castle District: Where to Eat and Stay, Plus The Best Things to Do in the Budapest Castle District. Includes
Where to Stay for a Budapest Christmas Market Break: Best Hotels Near Budapest Christmas Markets + Market Guide
Hotels Near Budapest Christmas Markets: A City Guide for a Budapest Christmas Markets Holiday Detailing the Best Hotels in Budapest for Christmas Markets, Plus the
Hungarian Horse Show Kalocsa, Hungary: Getting to Know Hungarian Cowboy Culture on Viking Cruises’ Passage to Eastern Europe River Cruise. Visiting Bakod Puszta for a Hungarian Horse
Communism Tour Budapest: Exploring Budapest’s Past and Present on Context Travel’s People, Power and Propaganda Tour. Communism Tour Budapest Review. No monument is innocent,
Pécs Hungary Pictures: 15 Photos of Pécs, Hungary, and why you should visit this small city in Southern Hungary One of our goals while
My 2017 (Hungarian) Travel Goals: What I Want to See, Eat and Do in Hungary This Year. Includes 6 Places to visit in Hungary Outside
Budapest Itinerary: A Complete 3 Day Budapest Itinerary, Including Things To Do in Budapest, the Best Places to Eat in Budapest (and What to Try), and Tour
Locals Tips for Budapest: Budapest Travel Tips from A Hungarian Travel Blogger. A Quick List of What to Do in Budapest from a Local! This post is part of
Budapest Food Tour: Experiencing a Hip, Entrepreneurial Side of Budapest’s Food Scene with Urban Adventures’ Budapest Food Tour Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That
Disclosure: This hotel review contains affiliate links. That means we earn a commission when you use the links on this site to book a hotel, buy
The post below is quite old – see our updated Budapest Itinerary here (link opens in a new window) This is the third part
The post below is quite old – see our updated Budapest Itinerary here (link opens in a new window) This is the second part of