Say Szia to Hungary!
We first visited Hungary back in 2012, and fell instantly in love with its capital on the Danube, Budapest.
We’ve since been back 3 times, and are currently applying for residency in the country – that’s how much we like it!
Budapest — vibrant, beautiful, and so very cool, once you know where to look — deserves weeks and seasons of your time, with the city bursting to life in the summers, and Budapester’s living their lives outdoors.
Outside the capital, Hungarian cities see few international tourists, but still have much to offer. We hope to tell more of these stories as we use Budapest as a base for 2017.
Posts About Hungary
- Where to Stay in Budapest — Starting with the first question to confront most visitors — should I stay in Buda, or Pest — and continuing to explain the best neighborhoods in Budapest for each type of traveller, we’ll help you find the best area to stay in Budapest, no matter your budget or travel style. Also check out our review of Pest-Buda Hotel.
- Budapest Itinerary — Check out our recommendations on what to do in Budapest if you have 2 or 3 days to spend. We’ve outlined it all in this 48- or 72-Hour Budapest Itinerary
- A Local’s Guide to the Budapest Castle District: Where to Stay, Eat and Explore in Budapest I – One of Budapest’s most popular areas to visit, we’ve broken down the best places to visit, eat and stay in the Budapest Castle District.
- A Guide to Visiting the Hungarian Parliament Building — If you’re not content with gawking at the beautiful Budapest parliament building from the outside, why not take a tour of the interior, and see the Hungarian Holy Crown? This guide will tell you how.
- Where to Stay for a Budapest Christmas Market Break — We’ve outlined Budapest’s best Christmas markets you’ll want to check out, along with top-rated hotels located within a short walk.
- Travel Tips from a Local — We chatted with Budapest native and travel blogger Barbara Wagner about her favorite things to do in the city!
- When our Hungarian residency permits were approved, I wrote down a list of Hungary travel goals for 2017. See which places I hope to visit in Hungary, as well as some travel experiences in Budapest and beyond.
- Exploring Budapest Through its Food — Katie joined Urban Adventures on a food tour around central Budapest, and discovered its a city that’s changing almost daily from a young, entrepreneurial generation that is full of energy and opportunity.
- People, Power, & Propaganda: A Review of Context Travel’s Communism Tour — We struck out with one of our favorite tour providers to learn about how power, politics and propaganda interact in Hungarian society…from the communist days to today.
- Exploring Hungarian Cowboy Culture in Kalocsa — We visited a Hungarian Cowboy ranch as part of our Viking River Cruises Passage to Eastern Europe Itinerary.