Say Hallo to the Netherlands!
Time and again, we seem to find ourselves drawn back to the Netherlands. discovering something new and different each and every time.
While we can understand the draw behind this tiny country’s largest city, we’ve also discovered there’s more to the Netherlands than Amsterdam.
Some of our favorite places, we still have to write about, but trust us when we say Maastricht is a delight! On three separate visits to the country, we’ve visited under-rated places like Friesland, as well as popular highlights like Haarlem and Rotterdam.
Whatever you do, give yourself a bit more time in the Netherlands than you think you’ll need. And after you’ve hit up all the fabulous museums you can handle, get out of the capital and discover what else the Netherlands has to offer!
Posts About the Netherlands
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam — Find the best neighborhood to stay in Amsterdam, no matter what you’re interested in and who you’re travelling with. In this post, our Amsterdam local expert outlines Amsterdam’s best neighborhoods to stay in.
- We interviewed Jordyn, an American expat living in Amsterdam, and asked her to share her favorite Things to Do in Amsterdam. If you’re planning a trip to this city of canals, be sure to check out Jordyn’s advice!
- If you want to get out of Amsterdam and explore the country in more depth, start with this post about The Best Places to Visit in Netherlands. We reached out to other travel bloggers to get their thoughts on their favorite places and experiences around the country!
- We believe the lessons of the past are important for today, which is why we engage in “Remembrance Tourism” whenever we can. We had a moving time exploring the Netherlands’ Gelderland province with Liberation Route Europe. Our first post is about participating in the Sunset March daily memorial.
- On our last visit to the Netherlands, we headed north to check out the fascinating and distinctive region of Friesland. Check out our Introduction to Friesland post, as well as a 48 Hours in Friesland Itinerary. Finally, we interviewed local tour guide Henk about the best Things to Do in Leeuwarden, Friesland’s cozy capital!
- “Next door” to Friesland, you’ll find the other northern province of Groningen, and it’s capital city of the same name. Find out why you should visit this city, as well as the best Things to Do in Groningen (according to a local).
- Much to our confusion, more than 200 people find this website every month by searching “Amsterdam Puns” == > here’s what the find when they click on our site!