Say Hola to Spain!
We first visited Spain back in 2013, and it was love at first sight.
Since that first trip to Huelva, Seville, Granada, and Malaga, we’ve been back several times, each time finding ourselves in a different part of the country, like the lesser visited Costa Brava in 2015, and then smack dab in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona in 2016.
Spain is a country that deserves time and attention, and revisiting year-after-year. And we hope we’ll continue to go back for years to come.
Posts About Spain
- Where to Go in Spain: 55 Places to Add to Your Spain Itinerary — We asked 55 other bloggers about their favorite places in Spain, and came up with this massive list of destinations to consider when planning your Spain trip!
- Where to Stay in Barcelona — From the heart of the Gothic Quarter to oh-so-cool Poble Sec and Sant Antoni, picking the best area to stay in Barcelona can make or break your trip. We found a local expat to help, with an overview of the best neighborhoods in Barcelona.
- Day Trips from Barcelona — Get out of the city with our suggestions for the 6 Best Day Trips from Barcelona. Includes DIY day trip instructions and tour ideas for Montserrat, Sitges, Badalona, the Catalonian wine region, Girona, and Tarragona. If Girona tickles your fancy, we also have a more detailed Girona City Guide that’s perfect if you want to visit this lovely city on a one-day or several day side trip from Barcelona.
- If you’d prefer to take more time exploring the region, we’ve put together a Road Trips from Barcelona Guide, which includes a 3-day and 5-day itinerary through Costa Brava and Catalonia.
- Where to Stay in Madrid — Whether you’re in town to museum hop, or interested in checking out some of Madrid’s cooler neighborhoods, our Madrid neighborhood guide will help you choose the best area of the city to stay for your travel style.
- If you’re heading south to Andalusia, be sure to start with our Andalusia Travel Guide. We’ve hired an expat who has lived in the region for ore than 20 years to outline the best places to visit in Andalusia, and what to do while you’re there. Think of this post as the best place to start your Andalusia vacation plan!
- 9 Perfect Spain Itineraries. If you’re in need of some Spain vacation ideas, this is the post for you. We’ve put together 9 itineraries to help you plan the perfect Spain holiday.
- If you’ve ever visited Andalusia’s darling city of Seville, chances are you love it. Spend your time wandering between traditional tapas bars decorated in beautiful tile work, wandering the orange scented streets, and soaking in some truly fascinating history. If you’re headed to Seville, be sure to check out our Where to Stay in Seville Guide, and our Perfect Day in Seville Guide, with all the best things to do in Seville if you’re short on time!
- The Alhambra de Granada is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Spain — and for very good reason. If a trip to the Alhambra is on your Spain agenda, be sure to check out our Tips for Visiting the Alhambra post, which will help you make sense of the rather confusing ticketing and reservation system, and give you some ideas on how to tackle this massive and awe-inspiring monument on the day of your visit.
- While you’re at it, be sure to check out our Where to Stay in Granada Guide to figure out the best neighborhoods and areas to stay in while exploring the city!
- In addition to Seville and Granada, Cordoba is up there on one of the best places to visit in Andalusia. If you’re planning a trip to Cordoba, be sure to check out our complete Cordoba Spain Travel Guide for the best places to stay, eat, and see in Cordoba!
- If you need more Spain inspiration, be sure to check out this post on the Best Food Cities in Spain, featuring Granada, Bilbao, Madrid and Girona.
- Finally, here’s an old post about our one-day Roadtrip from Portugal’s Algarve region to Huelva, a provincial capital in western Andalusia.
Valencia! It just sounds nice doesn’t it? But why spend a weekend in Valencia? And maybe you’re wondering about things to do in Valencia Spain?
This is a guest post by Kristin Henning of TravelPast50.com. Disclosure: This Priorat post contains affiliate links. That means we earn a commission
The only Spain packing list you’ll ever need! If you’re planning your Spain holiday and can’t figure out what to pack, we’ve put together this
How to Plan the Perfect Girona Day Trip from Barcelona: Quaint and Walkable Girona makes one of the best day trips from Barcelona. This guide
All the reasons we think you should visit Costa del Sol Spain for your next beach holiday! If Southern Spain is on your travel
What are the Best Trips Around Barcelona? If You’re Planning Your Holidays in Catalonia, Spain, many of the Historical Sites in the Costa Brava and
Cordoba Spain Travel Guide: What to Do and Where to Stay in Cordoba Spain! Everything you need to know about visiting the historic centre of
Spain Trip Ideas: 9 outstanding Spain itineraries to plan an amazing trip! Choose from 9 sample Spain itinerary options, including Spain in one week, 10-day
The Best Day Trips from Barcelona: The 6 Best Day Trips from Barcelona According to Travel Blogger Jub Bryant. Includes DIY Instructions for all Barcelona
Best Places to Visit in Andalusia: Advice from a British expat and travel blogger about the best places in Andalusia. Includes advice on what to see
Where to Stay in Madrid: Advice from a local expat and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Madrid, Spain! (Plus 27 hotel
The Best Food Cities in Spain: 4 Spanish Cities to Completely Stuff Your Face In! This is a Guest Post from Allison at Eternal Arrival,
Where to Stay in Barcelona: Advice from a local British-American expat and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Barcelona, Spain! Includes recommendations for
Where to Stay in Granada: Advice from a local British expat and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Granada, Spain! Includes recommendations for 17 places
Where to Stay in Seville: Advice from a local American expat and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Seville, Spain! Includes recommendations for 13
Top 5 Things to do in Seville. Includes photos, video, and 5 recommendations with the best things to do in Seville in one day, plus
Our best Alhambra tips! Tips for visiting the Alhambra Palace in Granada Spain in one day. Includes access to a free online map to help