Say Hola to Spain!
We first visited Spain back in 2013, and it was love at first sight.
Since that first trip to Huelva, Seville, Granada, and Malaga, we’ve been back several times, each time finding ourselves in a different part of the country, like the lesser visited Costa Brava in 2015, and then smack dab in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona in 2016.
Spain is a country that deserves time and attention, and revisiting year-after-year. And we hope we’ll continue to go back for years to come.
Posts About Spain
- Where to Go in Spain: 55 Places to Add to Your Spain Itinerary — We asked 55 other bloggers about their favorite places in Spain, and came up with this massive list of destinations to consider when planning your Spain trip!
- Where to Stay in Barcelona — From the heart of the Gothic Quarter to oh-so-cool Poble Sec and Sant Antoni, picking the best area to stay in Barcelona can make or break your trip. We found a local expat to help, with an overview of the best neighborhoods in Barcelona.
- Day Trips from Barcelona — Get out of the city with our suggestions for the 6 Best Day Trips from Barcelona. Includes DIY day trip instructions and tour ideas for Montserrat, Sitges, Badalona, the Catalonian wine region, Girona, and Tarragona. If Girona tickles your fancy, we also have a more detailed Girona City Guide that’s perfect if you want to visit this lovely city on a one-day or several day side trip from Barcelona.
- If you’d prefer to take more time exploring the region, we’ve put together a Road Trips from Barcelona Guide, which includes a 3-day and 5-day itinerary through Costa Brava and Catalonia.
- Where to Stay in Madrid — Whether you’re in town to museum hop, or interested in checking out some of Madrid’s cooler neighborhoods, our Madrid neighborhood guide will help you choose the best area of the city to stay for your travel style.
- If you’re heading south to Andalusia, be sure to start with our Andalusia Travel Guide. We’ve hired an expat who has lived in the region for ore than 20 years to outline the best places to visit in Andalusia, and what to do while you’re there. Think of this post as the best place to start your Andalusia vacation plan!
- 9 Perfect Spain Itineraries. If you’re in need of some Spain vacation ideas, this is the post for you. We’ve put together 9 itineraries to help you plan the perfect Spain holiday.
- If you’ve ever visited Andalusia’s darling city of Seville, chances are you love it. Spend your time wandering between traditional tapas bars decorated in beautiful tile work, wandering the orange scented streets, and soaking in some truly fascinating history. If you’re headed to Seville, be sure to check out our Where to Stay in Seville Guide, and our Perfect Day in Seville Guide, with all the best things to do in Seville if you’re short on time!
- The Alhambra de Granada is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Spain — and for very good reason. If a trip to the Alhambra is on your Spain agenda, be sure to check out our Tips for Visiting the Alhambra post, which will help you make sense of the rather confusing ticketing and reservation system, and give you some ideas on how to tackle this massive and awe-inspiring monument on the day of your visit.
- While you’re at it, be sure to check out our Where to Stay in Granada Guide to figure out the best neighborhoods and areas to stay in while exploring the city!
- In addition to Seville and Granada, Cordoba is up there on one of the best places to visit in Andalusia. If you’re planning a trip to Cordoba, be sure to check out our complete Cordoba Spain Travel Guide for the best places to stay, eat, and see in Cordoba!
- If you need more Spain inspiration, be sure to check out this post on the Best Food Cities in Spain, featuring Granada, Bilbao, Madrid and Girona.
- Finally, here’s an old post about our one-day Roadtrip from Portugal’s Algarve region to Huelva, a provincial capital in western Andalusia.
Valencia! It just sounds nice doesn’t it? But why spend a weekend in Valencia? And maybe you’re wondering about things to do in Valencia Spain? Today’s guest author shares her thoughts on how to spend the perfect weekend, or short city break, in Vahhhh-lencia! Disclosure: This Things to do in Valencia post contains affiliate links.
This is a guest post by Kristin Henning of TravelPast50.com. Disclosure: This Priorat post contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you use the links on this site to book a tour, book a hotel, buy your travel insurance, etc.. You don’t pay anything extra. If you’d like to
Fantastic food and drink, history, architecture, culture and more – Barcelona is perfect for a city break and a beach vacation. Read our 10 reasons to visit Barcelona and plan your own trip This is a guest post by Maire Bonheim of Temples and Treehouses. Disclosure: This 10 Reasons to Visit Barcelona travel guide contains
The only Spain packing list you’ll ever need! If you’re planning your Spain holiday and can’t figure out what to pack, we’ve put together this all-season Spain packing list to help. Includes what to wear in Spain in winter, spring, summer, and fall to strike a balance between the conservative and fashionable looks you’ll find
How to Plan the Perfect Girona Day Trip from Barcelona: Quaint and Walkable Girona makes one of the best day trips from Barcelona. This guide will help you visit Girona, with tips for the best places to see and things to do in Girona Spain (plus, where to eat and drink in Girona). If you
All the reasons we think you should visit Costa del Sol Spain for your next beach holiday! If Southern Spain is on your travel wish list, we’ve pulled together 10 reasons to include the gorgeous Costa del Sol on your itinerary. From year-round sunshine to a wealth of things to do, great food, well-equipped
What are the Best Trips Around Barcelona? If You’re Planning Your Holidays in Catalonia, Spain, many of the Historical Sites in the Costa Brava and Inland Catalonia Region Make A Great Road Trip From Barcelona. Here You’ll Find Ideas for Visiting Some of the Most Amazing Villages, Views, and Experiences in the Area, Our Picks
Cordoba Spain Travel Guide: What to Do and Where to Stay in Cordoba Spain! Everything you need to know about visiting the historic centre of Cordoba from an expert travel writer in Spain. Includes recommendations for the best Cordoba Spain hotels, top attractions in Cordoba Spain, and everything you need to know before you travel
The Best Places to Visit in Spain: 55 travel bloggers share where to go in Spain, including the most popular places in Spain across the north, east (coastal), south, and central parts of the country, as well as the Balearic islands and Canary Islands. If you’re trying to decide where to visit in Spain or are looking
Spain Trip Ideas: 9 outstanding Spain itineraries to plan an amazing trip! Choose from 9 sample Spain itinerary options, including Spain in one week, 10-day Spain itinerary, 2 week Spain itinerary, and ideas for city breaks in Barcelona and Madrid. Disclosure: This Spain itinerary post contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small
The Best Day Trips from Barcelona: The 6 Best Day Trips from Barcelona According to Travel Blogger Jub Bryant. Includes DIY Instructions for all Barcelona Day Trips, as well as Tour Recommendations. We created this post in collaboration with Jub Bryant, a Kiwi traveller experiencing the world through his own eyes. He is a blogger
Best Places to Visit in Andalusia: Advice from a British expat and travel blogger about the best places in Andalusia. Includes advice on what to see in Andalusia, top Andalusia attractions, and the best things to do in Andalusia. Disclosure: This Andalusia Travel Guide contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you
Where to Stay in Madrid: Advice from a local expat and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Madrid, Spain! (Plus 27 hotel recommendations) We created this guide in collaboration with Sam Anthony, freelance writer, photographer and blogger at Alternative Travelers. After spending a year in Madrid in 2014, the city called her back,
The Best Food Cities in Spain: 4 Spanish Cities to Completely Stuff Your Face In! This is a Guest Post from Allison at Eternal Arrival, Outlining Her 4 Favorite Cities In Spain That Foodies and Food Travellers Shouldn’t Miss! Disclosure: This guide to the best food cities in Spain contains affiliate links. That means we may
Where to Stay in Barcelona: Advice from a local British-American expat and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Barcelona, Spain! Includes recommendations for 32 places to stay in Barcelona Disclosure: This Where to Stay in Barcelona Guide contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you use the links on
Where to Stay in Granada: Advice from a local British expat and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Granada, Spain! Includes recommendations for 17 places to stay in Granada. We created this guide in collaboration with Josh Taylor, a British expat and travel blogger in Granada! Josh has provided the local expertise (and photos!) by outlining the
Where to Stay in Seville: Advice from a local American expat and travel blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Seville, Spain! Includes recommendations for 13 places to stay in Seville. We created this guide in collaboration with Cat Gaa, an American expat and travel blogger who has lived in Seville since 2007. Cat served as our local
Top 5 Things to do in Seville. Includes photos, video, and 5 recommendations with the best things to do in Seville in one day, plus suggested tour options. Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you use the links on this site to book a tour, book a
Our best Alhambra tips! Tips for visiting the Alhambra Palace in Granada Spain in one day. Includes access to a free online map to help you plan your Alhambra visit, our personal tips to visit Alhambra, and current information to help you visit the Alhambra. Contains FAQs about visiting Alhambra, including how to buy Alhambra
On Friday, we decided we needed to inject a bit more adventure into our lives, so we decided to cross the border and check out Huelva Spain in the southeastern-most province of the country. We decided to drive as far as the synonymous provincial capital, spend some time checking that out, and then backtrack, stopping along