Say Hola to Spain!
We first visited Spain back in 2013, and it was love at first sight.
Since that first trip to Huelva, Seville, Granada, and Malaga, we’ve been back several times, each time finding ourselves in a different part of the country, like the lesser visited Costa Brava in 2015, and then smack dab in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona in 2016.
Spain is a country that deserves time and attention, and revisiting year-after-year. And we hope we’ll continue to go back for years to come.
Posts About Spain
- Where to Stay in Barcelona — From the heart of the Gothic Quarter to oh-so-cool Poble Sec and Sant Antoni, picking the best area to stay in Barcelona can make or break your trip. We found a local expat to help, with an overview of the best neighborhoods in Barcelona.
- Where to Stay in Madrid — Whether you’re in town to museum hop, or interested in checking out some of Madrid’s cooler neighborhoods, our Madrid neighborhood guide will help you choose the best area of the city to stay for your travel style.
- If you’re heading south to Andalusia, be sure to start with our Andalusia Travel Guide. We’ve hired an expat who has lived in the region for ore than 20 years to outline the best places to visit in Andalusia, and what to do while you’re there. Think of this post as the best place to start your Andalusia vacation plan!
- If you’ve ever visited Andalusia’s darling city of Seville, chances are you love it. Spend your time wandering between traditional tapas bars decorated in beautiful tile work, wandering the orange scented streets, and soaking in some truly fascinating history. If you’re headed to Seville, be sure to check out our Where to Stay in Seville Guide, and our Perfect Day in Seville Guide, with all the best things to do in Seville if you’re short on time!
- The Alhambra de Granada is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Spain — and for very good reason. If a trip to the Alhambra is on your Spain agenda, be sure to check out our Tips for Visiting the Alhambra post, which will help you make sense of the rather confusing ticketing and reservation system, and give you some ideas on how to tackle this massive and awe-inspiring monument on the day of your visit.
- While you’re at it, be sure to check out our Where to Stay in Granada Guide to figure out the best neighborhoods and areas to stay in while exploring the city!
- If you need more Spain inspiration, be sure to check out this post on the Best Food Cities in Spain, featuring Granada, Bilbao, Madrid and Girona.
- Finally, here’s an old post about our one-day Roadtrip from Portugal’s Algarve region to Huelva, a provincial capital in western Andalusia.