Say Ahoj to the Czech Republic!
We count ourselves lucky to have called Prague home for 15 months, spending all our free time discovering this beautiful capital!
Filled with visitors May to September, there’s no doubt the secret of Prague is out…people love Prague, and we can see why. Having lived in the city for more than a year, we were able to find some off-the-beaten path spots as well as enjoying the most popular hits!
We hope our experience living in the city will help you have a wonderful vacation to Prague!
Posts About the Czech Republic
- Where to Stay in Prague— From the Old Town Square to the Castle District, and cooler, off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods like Zizkov, we’ve got you covered if you’re looking for the best place to stay in Prague. We also created specific neighborhood guides for Old Town, Mala Strana, Žižkov, and Vinohrady.
- 99+ Things to Do in Prague — We took hours to brainstorm everything we can think of to do in Prague, and came up with this list of 99 ideas of what to do in Prague. We’ll update it over time, so it may be more than 99 things when you visit!
- If you want to get out of the city, be sure to check out our Best Day Trips from Prague post: we’ve outlined ideas and how-to tips for visiting Kutna Hora Bone Church, fairytale-perfect Cesky Krumlov, Karlstejn Castle, Terezin Concentration Camp, Karlovy Vary Spa town, Pilsen (the home of Pilsner Urquell beer), and Dresden Germany, all on a day trip from Prague.
- If you’re interested in reading more about these day trips, we’ve written about our personal experiences on some of these day trips, including Visiting Pilsen as a Day Trip from Prague, taking a Day Trip to Karlštejn Castle, and visiting the Kutna Hora Bone Church!
- We completed a Trinity College Cert. TESOL training program while in Prague, and wrote our review of the program here. If you’re interested in teaching ESL in Europe, this is a great place to start.
- The best way to experience Prague is getting some height on the city, and finding The Best Views in Prague. We’ve listed out our picks for the best views of the Golden City! We also have a post about the View of Prague from Letna Park.
- A super-popular post: Is Prague Safe for Solo (and Female) Travellers? If you’re worried about your upcoming trip to Prague, be sure to read this post for safety information, opinions, and tips. There’s lots of great stuff in the comments section, too!
- If you want to get away from the other tourists, we’d suggest you visit Vysehrad, Prague’s “other” castle, the ancient royal home before Prague Castle was built. Vysehrad also has great views of the city!
- If you just want some beautiful Prague photos, check out this post of a walk we did on a rare snow day in Prague!
- If you’re interested in moving to Prague and working as a freelancer, check out our two posts about how we did it. Start with an Introduction to the Zivnostensky, and then read our post about Working in the Czech Republic as a Non-EU Citizen (Part II). Note, some of the info has changed since we wrote this, but we’ve given you a contact person to get in touch for help!