Say Hiya to Scotland
A world away from London, Scotland deserves some serious dedicated time during a UK vacation.
After visiting the beautiful capital of Edinburgh and the handsome and underrated Glasgow, venture further to Scotland’ highlands and islands, where you’ll be treated to jaw-dropping landscapes that will make you fall in love.
We’ve been to Scotland twice now, and can’t help but plan our next trip…we just love it there.
Posts About Scotland
- Wondering Where to Go in Scotland? Start with this post in which 23 travel bloggers share their favorite spots in Scotland, and get inspired from the advice of others. We also have a post about 5 Great Scottish Castles to Visit!
- Where to Stay in Glasgow — Although Glasgow’s not a massive city — and it’s downtown is compact and walkable — there are still a few different neighborhoods worth checking out. In this post, we introduce the best areas to stay in Glasgow.
- Where to Stay in Edinburgh — Once you’ve settled your accomodation in Glasgow, be sure to check out a similar post for Edinburgh. We enlisted the help of an Edinburgh local to outline the best areas to stay in Edinburgh.
- If you’re wondering whether Glasgow should be on your “must visit” list for Scotland, we think it definitely should be. Find out why we say, Yes, You Should Visit Glasgow in this first-timer’s guide.
- We check out a bit of Mackintosh and MacDonald when we Visit House for an Art Lover in Glasgow, and learn about the Glasgow Style (as well as having a fantastic lunch!)
- For something a little bit different, check out the Glasgow Mural Trail, a self-guided walk around central Glasgow, stopping by a collection of lovely and interesting murals.
- On a previous trip to Glasgow, Geoff attends the Glasgow International Film Festival and eats Scottish-Indian Fusion Food at Mr. Singh’s India restaurant.
- Wandering around the Glasgow Necropolis on a rainy winter day! A story told in photos.
- If you want to load up on some unique souvenirs and local treasures, start with our Edinburgh Shopping Guide.
- Looking for some inspiration? Geoff made this beautiful timelapse video of Edinburgh to get you excited about visiting the city!
- We test out our whisky-tasting skills and learn a bit about Scotland’s national drink in this Scotch Whisky Experience Edinburgh Review. We also tried our hand at self-guided learning, partnering up with the Last Drop Tavern to Learn about Whisky!
- Scotland also has some great beer, and we learned all about Cask Ales at Deacon Brodie’s Pub in Edinburgh.
- Leith is an under-visited area of Edinburgh, and worth your time if you’re in the city for a longer stay. Check out this photo essay about a walk around Leith.
- If you are interested in trying something a bit different in Edinburgh, Geoff went to see an ice hockey game while in the city. Check out his impressions in this post!
- If you love having some music to enjoy while walking around a city, we made an Edinburgh Playlist with songs from local artists.
- If you want to visit Isle of Skye and the Hebrides, check out this Travel Tips for Isle of Skye and Isle of Lewis and Harris post about our experiences.
- We drove around the Isles of Lewis and Harris, and made this video about the beautiful experience!
- If you’re interested in the history and politics of Scotland, you should probably find a more credible source! But if you insist, Katie tries to explain The Great Cause in this post, and asks the question, Is Scotland a Country?