Say Hi to the USA!
Growing up in Canada, family vacations often meant a trip across the border to explore our beautiful neighbor to the south.
As adults, though, we haven’t explored the USA as much as we’d like, sticking mostly to the west of the country, with one trip to Milwaukee.
Hopefully that will change in the years to come, but for now, enjoy what we have written about the good ole’ USA!
Posts About the USA
- Where to Stay in Portland, Oregon — Quirky, independent, food-loving Portland is one of our favorite destinations in the USA. That’s why we reached out to a Portland local for help creating a Portland neighborhood guide, with the best areas to stay in Portland and the coolest things to do in each! We also have an old post about our beer and food truck trip to Portland.
- Where to Stay in Seattle — Beautiful, coffee-loving, tech-hub Seattle is a must on any trip to North America’s beautiful west coast. To figure out the best things to do and places to stay in Seattle, we asked a local travel blogger for help outlining the coolest pockets of this lovely city. If you’re wondering where to go after Seattle, Portland is only a few hours away, as is the border with Canada!
- First-Timers’ Guide to Hawaii — If you’re having trouble deciding which is the best island(s) to visit in Hawaii, this guide has you covered. We enlisted the help of a former Hawaii resident who spent years living in the state to create an overview of what to expect from each island, and which is best for different styles of travel.
- In Spring of 2015, we headed to Milwaukee, and explored this cool, beer-loving city with German roots. We were surprised by how much we liked Milwaukee, and think you might be too:
- If you want to get a quick overview about what’s so great about Milwaukee, start with this Milwaukee in Motion post and video.
- We took a great food tour in Milwaukee, which explored the city’s European roots. While Katie loved it, Geoff’s limited palette had us asking, Can Picky Eaters Enjoy Food Tours, Too?
- We always love meeting locals when we travel, getting a feel for the people that make the destination. In Milwaukee, it’s definitely all about the transformation driven by young and energetic entrepreneurs.
- Not exactly motorcycle fans, we stretched our interests and visited the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee…and really enjoyed it!
- We created a free, downloadable adult coloring page of Milwaukee’s Old World 3rd Street. Download it Here. We also created a free adult coloring page featuring the riverfront. You can download that page here.
Want to spend a weekend in Miami? We don’t blame you! Miami is a perfect food, sun, and culture getaway. This post shares how to spend the perfect weekend or city break in sunny Miami Florida! Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you use the links on
Cleveland, Ohio is an underrated city that offers a lot more to do than most people realize. If you’re interested in spending a weekend in Cleveland, Amanda from Cleveland Traveler shares how to spend your time and money. Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you use the
Where to Stay in Portland: Advice from a local blogger about the best neighborhoods to stay in Portland, Oregon, USA! (Plus 27 hotel and holiday rental listings) We created this guide in collaboration with Cara Villarreal, writer, blogger and photographer at Cara State of Mind. Cara currently lives in Portland, and we’re happy she agreed to share her
Where to Stay in Seattle: Advice from a local about the best neighborhoods to stay in Seattle, USA! (Plus 29 hotel and holiday apartment listings) We created this guide in collaboration with Marcie Cheung, a lifelong resident of Seattle and local family and travel blogger. We’re thrilled to welcome her as our local city expert
Where to Stay in Hawaii: Advice from a former Hawaii resident and travel writer about the best islands to stay in Hawaii! Includes tips for saving thousands on your Hawaii vacation, plus hotel, beach and other recommendations. We created this guide in collaboration with Cate Brubaker, freelance writer and blogger at The Life Nomadic. Cate called the state’s second-largest
A free download of a Milwaukee coloring page, featuring historic Old World Third Street. Download and print to color Milwaukee! Illustration © Wandertooth Media Inc / Photo by Jozef Polc © 123RF.com Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission when you use the links on this site
So…we’re trying something new over here today. In addition to selling our travel-inspired coloring books (check out our RTW Coloring Book and our Mexico Coloring Book on Amazon), we’ve decided to create some free adult coloring pages as well, featuring some of the places we visit on our travels. Sometimes, we’re not in a
5 Awesome Days in Milwaukee…in Just 81 Seconds We spent five days in Milwaukee last month, and were blown away by how cool it is. For us, the ultimate litmus test of a city is, could we see ourselves living here, even if just for a few months? And when it comes to Milwaukee, it was
I glance nervously to my left, watching for Geoff’s reaction out of the corner of my eye as the server sets down a generous portion of meatloaf sandwich on the table in front of us, and our guide launches into a description of our meal. I hear the words, cherry tomato relish, and glance discretely
Of all the things to do in Milwaukee, it was the entrepreneurs and businesses that are re-shaping and re-energizing the city that drew us in, made us love Milwaukee… We’re in the back of an Uber, being driven home after a massive dinner of chicken wings, brisket, insanely delicious corn bread, and a couple of
Help Stamp Out Walking “Look at this,” Geoff gently tugs at my coat, chuckling as I turn my head. He’s standing in front of an old, graphic poster from the 1920s or 30s, made up of what looks like red, blue and black marker illustrations of rosy-eyed, red-headed children holding up placards. To our modern
I gotta say that before I lived on the we(s)t coast I had never really heard much about Portland, or the whole state of Oregon for that matter. Oregon Trail, Lewis and Clarke – BOOM, there you have it…Oregon. Portland has come up in so many conversations with friends over the last while, who