Say Hi to the USA!
Growing up in Canada, family vacations often meant a trip across the border to explore our beautiful neighbor to the south.
As adults, though, we haven’t explored the USA as much as we’d like, sticking mostly to the west of the country, with one trip to Milwaukee.
Hopefully that will change in the years to come, but for now, enjoy what we have written about the good ole’ USA!
Posts About the USA
- Where to Stay in Portland, Oregon — Quirky, independent, food-loving Portland is one of our favorite destinations in the USA. That’s why we reached out to a Portland local for help creating a Portland neighborhood guide, with the best areas to stay in Portland and the coolest things to do in each! We also have an old post about our beer and food truck trip to Portland.
- Where to Stay in Seattle — Beautiful, coffee-loving, tech-hub Seattle is a must on any trip to North America’s beautiful west coast. To figure out the best things to do and places to stay in Seattle, we asked a local travel blogger for help outlining the coolest pockets of this lovely city. If you’re wondering where to go after Seattle, Portland is only a few hours away, as is the border with Canada!
- First-Timers’ Guide to Hawaii — If you’re having trouble deciding which is the best island(s) to visit in Hawaii, this guide has you covered. We enlisted the help of a former Hawaii resident who spent years living in the state to create an overview of what to expect from each island, and which is best for different styles of travel.
- In Spring of 2015, we headed to Milwaukee, and explored this cool, beer-loving city with German roots. We were surprised by how much we liked Milwaukee, and think you might be too:
- If you want to get a quick overview about what’s so great about Milwaukee, start with this Milwaukee in Motion post and video.
- We took a great food tour in Milwaukee, which explored the city’s European roots. While Katie loved it, Geoff’s limited palette had us asking, Can Picky Eaters Enjoy Food Tours, Too?
- We always love meeting locals when we travel, getting a feel for the people that make the destination. In Milwaukee, it’s definitely all about the transformation driven by young and energetic entrepreneurs.
- Not exactly motorcycle fans, we stretched our interests and visited the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee…and really enjoyed it!
- We created a free, downloadable adult coloring page of Milwaukee’s Old World 3rd Street. Download it Here. We also created a free adult coloring page featuring the riverfront. You can download that page here.